Why have an epoxy garage floor? Common garage flooring are just plain gray concrete. In excess of time, stains from grease, oils, and chemical substances lead to simple gray concrete to become an ugly eyesore. Possessing an epoxy garage floor coating will give you many years of service, durability and will resist most stains as nicely as supply you with a beautifully, concluded area to preserve the value of your house.
The Most Typical Epoxy Floor Coating Methods
There are 3 common methods accessible that will boost your garage floor:
1. Epoxy & Polyurethane Reliable Color System
2. Epoxy Chipstone (partial vinyl chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Best Coat Method
3. Epoxy Granitex (one hundred% vinyl chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Prime Coat Program
Preserve in thoughts that with these 3 epoxy systems, you have ‘good’, ‘better’ and ‘best’ types of epoxy garage floor systems.
The Good Technique
The epoxy polyurethane reliable color method will final around five-seven many years, upkeep cost-free, but will require a servicing coat of pigmented polyurethane. This garage flooring coating is generally a two-coat, slender film technique ranging in thickness from 4-20 mils. It is used by roller or airless sprayer.
The Greater Method
The epoxy Chipstone system will last approximately 7-twelve years, routine maintenance free prior to needing a maintenance coat of very clear polyurethane. This epoxy garage flooring method normally is composed of one pigmented primer coat of epoxy a pigmented colour coat with a partial/light broadcast of vinyl chips into the moist epoxy and a single coat of distinct polyurethane for defense. The thickness is around 20-30 mils.
The Very best System
The epoxy Granitex program can previous as long as twelve-fifteen+ years, routine maintenance free ahead of needing a maintenance coat of polyurethane. epoxy floor kansas city is generally a single pigmented primer coat a pigmented shade coat with a a hundred%/complete broadcast of vinyl chips and two coats of clear polyurethane.
Appropriate floor preparing is essential to the extended term good results of the installation. All surfaces to be coated must be cleaned of contaminants which may possibly interfere with bonding. Concrete have to be acid-etched, shot-blasted or diamond-floor to accomplish a profile related to 120 grit sandpaper. Right after preparation, the concrete floor need to be inspected for holes and cracks. If holes or cracks are widespread, then patchwork should be performed. When preparing is full, installation is prepared to get started.
Installation of Granitex Epoxy Garage Floor Program:
1. Surface area preparing, patchwork and roll one coat of pigmented epoxy primer.
2. After epoxy primer is dry, examine, prep and roll 1 coat of pigmented epoxy more than primed area. Function in 10×10 or 12×12 sections at a time. Whilst epoxy is wet, broadcast vinyl chips into moist epoxy. Be certain the region receives one hundred% protection. When all sections are totally lined, let dry completely.
3. When all sections are dry, scrape, sweep and vacuum all excess Granitex vinyl chips from the area. Apply a slender coat of polyurethane to lock and lay vinyl chips down.
four. When the polyurethane is dry, implement a second coat for a last top coat. As an alternative, non-skid resin sand can be additional to increase the slip resistance.
All epoxy garage ground coatings can be easily cleaned with mild, liquid detergents then mopping, hosing or even “swiffering”. Grease, oils, and most chemicals will not stain or take up into the epoxy coated ground.